Spring is upon us, which means it’s time for your wardrobe spring clean! Here are a few tips from our stylists to help you de-clutter your shelves and freshen up your look:
1. Our stylist’s moto for wardrobe spring cleaning is “ if it wasn’t good enough last year, it won’t be this year!”. Take out any clothes that you don’t wear, including clothes that don’t fit or that you have worn out. A good idea is to pack the pile of clothes you’re thinking of throwing out into a box and leave them for a month. If at the end of the month you haven’t reached for them they can be given to charity or sold on Ebay.
2. After creating some space start separating your clothes into outfits to help identify what’s missing. It will then become clear what you need to invest money in, perhaps you need some more basics such as white t-Shirts or bright shirts to help invigorate your work suits.
3. By this stage you should be able to create a list of the items you feel you need and then set yourself a budget. You Chapar Stylist can help you choose what it is worth investing your money in; including key wardrobe staples and summer one-off pieces.
4. Always invest in good quality materials such as wool, cashmere and 100% cotton, it’s worth spending that little bit extra to ensure your clothes are long lasting.
5. Try and base your wardrobe around a few key shades of colour to ensure most items will be interchangeable, for example- greys, blues, and browns. However, preferring a certain colour palette doesn’t mean you can’t experiment with bold statement pieces!
6. Lastly, don’t forget your accessories. Colourful socks, light scarves and leather belts can all help bring an outfit together.
Our Senior Stylist Chelsea put together this Spring Colour Palette for those of you looking for some fresh inspiration, all items are available through us!
Brown Loake shoes, Sunspel grey sweat top, Scotch and Soda jeans, Denham jeans, Ray-Ban sunglasses, Brooks Brothers white shirt, Woolrich beige jacket, Hentsch Man long sleeve tee, Navy J shoes.